We face uncertain and trying times at the moment, watching the news it would be easy to be down but we will get through this individually and collectively.
As of 24/3/2020, The Caravan Company have closed our doors on a temporary basis to the public to help delay the spread of COVID 19, during the run up to this point we had implemented more stringent and rigorous cleaning and hygiene procedures at both our branches, in every department. Our aim is to keep our customers and staff safe and provide the best service we can.
Whilst, at the moment, the idea of buying a caravan isn't probably in the top 10 of our daily thoughts, eventually when we do get through this pandemic and the world returns to 'relative normality' you may need a holiday! This may be an ideal opportunity to invest in the future.
Using the latest technology our 360˚ Panorama videos enable you to "walk through" every caravan in stock from the comfort of your own home. During this shut down, we will provide as much information as possible, subject to conditions set by the government.
By using this technology we can offer a MINIMAL, or in certain circumstances NO CONTACT sales service. Our aim is to support our customers requirements in the best way possible in a fast changing environment.
Our Minimal Contact Sales Service Process:
1. Browse Our Stock Online, locate the van that suits your needs from the specification, images and panoramic views.
2. Press 'Reserve Caravan'- You will be taken to a contact form where you will need to fill in your full details so a member of the team can ring you back.
3. We will agree a deal, subject to viewing, taking into account your requirements and any part exchange descriptions you have given. Where possible, you can have a personalised video walkthrough of the van, demonstrating how the van selected suits your needs and demonstrates the features and benefits to you and your investment in the future.
4. We will take a £500 reservation fee and arrange a collection day, before you arrive the caravan will have its PDI/Service, Fully Cleaned and a video handover undertaken prior to arrival.
5. On your collection day and time, you will be given the keys to browse at your leisure to ensure the van is to your requirements.
6. When happy, we will demonstrate to you how to hitch up the caravan so you can get away and enjoy your new holiday home!
N.b. Any deal is subject to viewing, from both your side as a customer and ours if a part exchange is involved. Our aim is to provide you with a tourer to the highest standard we are able as per Approved Workshop Standards, in the current climate we are all having to adapt and we hope our response to Covid 19 allows you many happy holidays once we get through this.
Viewing a Caravan in Person:
The idea of buying a caravan is tremendously exciting idea, we understand that some of our customers will wish the branch and view an intended purchase in person. The 6 points above can be tailored to your requirements; there will be social distancing measures in place at both branches for your protection.
Servicing, Warranty and Repairs:
Due to the pandemic, our workshops will have a large backlog of vehicles currently in or due into our sites for the foreseeable future.
Our workshop teams will be in touch with anyone affected by bookings made to rearrange once the government lift the current lockdown measures, we are all working in strange circumstances and we will do all we can to rectify your issue as soon as possible.
Please note, this pandemic and subsequent inconvenience cause by re-arranging any workshop bookings are not due to any of our staff, we will do our best to work with you but ask that you understand the issues we are facing as a business and an industry.
Social Distancing Measures at each branch:
We are working on how we will encourage social distancing at each branch when we re-open, both sites are very different in terms of size, staff and other services offered. Therefore, please ask us about the specifics of how we will respond at each branch for your peace of mind, we will be happy to demonstrate how we are responding on a daily basis to keep customers, staff and suppliers safe at all times.