With the current economic climate, holidaying in the UK is becoming more and more popular and caravanning in particular is experiencing a mini revival! Buying a second hand caravan could be perfect for your family, hooking it up to your car and disappearing into the countryside for a few days at a seconds notice. Here at The Caravan Company we sell a wide range of second hand caravans.
We understand that, like buying a second hand car, you can feel you are navigating your way around a minefield, how do you know you are buying a decent caravan? We have compiled a checklist of things you should look for when buying a second hand caravan.
What You Should Check For:
- Look thoroughly over the outside of the caravan.
- Check the chassis for any rusting.
- Check the paint work for any fresh paint that may be covering rust patches.
- Check that the handbrake, brakes and brake cables all look ok.
- Damp is an important thing to check, as getting rid of it can be costly. Check all the corners of the caravan for damp and check the wood hasn’t swollen.
- Check the gas and electrical appliances work as well as the toilet.
- Check the owners handbook and you will be able to see if it has been regularly serviced.
Do Your Research
Before you start looking around second hand caravans make sure you have asked yourself these questions:
- What size berth do you want?
- What caravan accessories would you like it to include?
- How much weight can your car tow?
- How much will a caravan cost to insure?
Here at The Caravan Company we hand pick all our second hand caravans and only sell those that have a proven history from genuine caravan owners. Every one of our caravans are fully prepared and serviced so you can be confident you are buying a quality caravan from us.
Be sure to browse our full range of caravans online or visit your local branch today. Click here to find your nearest branch and a contact number if you have any enquiries.
Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by The Caravan Company. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of The Caravan Company, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.